Interview with Tanha Islam
Interview with Tanha Islam by Amar Ajnalkar. Explore the vibrant journey of Tanha, a CSE graduate and tech startup leader from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
1) Tell our readers about yourself?
Hi everyone, this is Tanha from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am a CSE graduate and currently leading a tech startup. Besides my work, I do food blogging and marketing of restaurants, small businesses and big brands.
2) How did you come up with the name for your Instagram account?
Initially, my Insta handle was foodieTI and later on I have changed it to Foodishe which means she is a foodie - as easy as that!
3) What is the best thing about being an influencer?
Love from people and trust you gain with time. I love it when people try out a brand after my review and thank me with a follow-up. When my F&F ask me for suggestions always!
4) What is the best collaboration experience that you have done with a brand?
I have collaborated with a lot of brands and all were best for me because I got a sufficient amount of support from the brands while working!
5) How many hours a day do you work and hows your daily schedule?
For my blog, I give 14 hours/week. I finish my office by 7 pm and rest time is dedicated to my blog!
6) Is the influencer profession affected your family life? if yes then how?
Obviously it did. I am during my weekends out for blogging or invitations but I am glad that my family is supportive as they know my love for this passion! I try best to balance my life. I try to give my family time during the weekends.
7) What motivates you in life?
Hard work always pays off. Opportunities will find you if your work is good and you are constantly doing it. Just be yourself while you create something.
8) What are your favourite books or movies related to your niche?
I am not much into books but I do follow online blogs for innovating or quick recipes. I have watched a couple of web series and movies related to food and all were motivational to me. I have learnt a lot from these.
9) What surprising lessons have you learned while influencing?
Brands will chase you if your work is good. People who didn't appreciate at first will start appreciating once you are something.
10) Top 3 skills required to become a successful influencer.
1. Be yourself (Don't follow what others are doing, everyone has their own way to grow)
2. Don't copy/steal other's work. Create your own style of working/creating content.
3. Be humble to your readers, you are something today for them. Help them as much as you can!
11) Hows your experience with Amar Ajnalkar?
I was pretty surprised when I was contacted. The website is giving a very good opportunity for the people who are still growing like me!
12) Two lines for our reader.
Keep inspiring the content creators, your love and support make their hard work pay off! And also, don't forget to follow me on Instagram @foodieshe