Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising is a form of digital advertising where advertisers pay each time a user clicks on one of their ads. The basics of PPC advertising include:
- Keyword targeting: Advertisers choose keywords related to their products or services to target users who are searching for those terms.
- Bid amounts: Advertisers bid on keywords, and the highest bidder’s ad is displayed at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Cost per click (CPC): Advertisers pay a fee each time their ad is clicked on, known as the cost per click (CPC).
- Ad placement: PPC ads can appear in a variety of places, including search engine results pages, websites, and social media platforms.
- Ad format: PPC ads can take many forms, including text ads, display ads, and video ads.
- Campaign management: Advertisers can use campaign management tools to create and manage their PPC campaigns, set budgets, and track performance metrics.
- ROI measurement: PPC advertising provides measurable data, such as clicks, conversions, and ROI, allowing advertisers to track the success of their campaigns.
Overall, PPC advertising is a flexible and cost-effective way for small businesses to reach their target audience and achieve their marketing goals.