Staying active and maintaining a good quality of life can be challenging during cancer treatment, but it’s important for both physical and mental well-being. Here are some ways to do so:
- Exercise: Gentle exercise, such as walking or yoga, can help improve energy levels and maintain physical function.
- Good nutrition: Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help boost immunity and manage symptoms such as nausea and fatigue.
- Support: Seek support from family and friends, or join a support group for people with cancer to connect with others going through similar experiences.
- Mind-body techniques: Mind-body techniques, such as meditation and visualization, can help manage stress and improve mood.
- Creative expression: Engaging in creative activities, such as writing, painting, or music, can provide a positive outlet for emotions and boost well-being.
- Complementary therapies: Complementary therapies, such as massage and acupuncture, may help manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Cancer rehabilitation: Cancer rehabilitation programs can help people with cancer regain strength, function, and independence.
It’s important to work with your healthcare team to develop a plan that fits your individual needs and treatment plan, and to adjust activities as needed during the course of treatment.