The role of a fresher data scientist can be quite dynamic and can vary based on the industry and organization they work for. However, here are some of the key responsibilities a fresher data scientist is typically expected to fulfill:
- Data collection and cleaning: Collecting and cleaning large datasets to prepare them for analysis.
- Data exploration: Exploring the data to understand its patterns, distributions, and relationships between variables.
- Feature engineering: Creating new features from existing data to improve model performance.
- Model building: Building predictive models using machine learning algorithms to solve specific business problems.
- Model evaluation: Evaluating the performance of different models and selecting the best one based on a set of metrics.
- Data visualization: Creating visualizations to help communicate insights and findings to stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Working with cross-functional teams, such as product, engineering, and business, to understand and solve business problems.
- Staying up-to-date: Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of data science, including new algorithms, techniques, and tools.
In conclusion, a fresher data scientist is expected to contribute to the data-driven decision-making process of an organization and to help the organization make informed decisions based on data.