JEE Main is the primary entrance examination for admission into undergraduate engineering programs in India. The eligibility criteria for appearing in the JEE Main exam are set by the National Testing Agency (NTA), the conducting body of the exam.
The eligibility criteria for JEE Main are as follows:
- Age Limit: Candidates must have completed 17 years of age on December 31st of the year of the exam.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have passed Class 12th or equivalent examination with a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear for JEE Main a maximum of three times in consecutive years.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam should include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Nationality: Indian nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and foreign nationals are eligible to appear for JEE Main.
In conclusion, the eligibility criteria for JEE Main are set by the National Testing Agency to ensure that only eligible candidates are allowed to appear for the exam. By meeting these criteria, candidates can ensure that they are able to participate in one of the most important engineering entrance exams in India and have the opportunity to pursue their dream of becoming an engineer.