Blog and Website are almost similar but not the same. We can say that “all Blogs can be Website, but all Websites cannot be blogs.” Are you confused after reading this! Let us take a simple example that may help you to digest this information.
Example: All Roses are Flowers, but all Flowers are not Roses.
The example has made it pretty clear now. Let us see the detailed difference between the two- Blog and Website.
- The blog is a type of website or you can say a part of the website.
- The blog is dynamic, keeps on changing.
- The blog is regularly updated by the writer or its author.
- It consists of the most recent information keeping us updated.
- There is no limit for posting a blog. A person can post a single blog in a day or can even post multiple blogs in a single day.
- As you add new information to a blog the newest content gets displayed first and then the older blogs.
- The blog is used to share your ideas with a wider range of audiences.
- You can show your creativity, skills, talent regarding any field through your blog.
- Your blog helps you to connect with like-minded people.
- A large number of audiences get connected with you because of the Blog.
- It helps engage with a huge audience and brings a lot of traffic to your website.
- People get connected very easily just by liking and commenting on your blog.
- A blog requires the author’s commitment. i.e. the schedule of posting the blog should be fixed, the content should always be fresh and attention-seeking.
- The blog consists of more information regarding a particular topic than that of the website.
- The writer of the blog is known, as the name is displayed at the start or at the end of it.
- You can even earn money by writing a blog. This can be done in various ways.
- By displaying Ads in between your blog can help you earn extra income.
- Another option is Affiliate marketing. In your blog, you can post links for various products. When the customer buys anything by clicking on that link, you get a specific commission from it.
Now you know the basic things about a Blog, let us now move forward to catch information regarding the Website.
- Anything on the World Wide Web (WWW) presented in the format of Java, HTML, Python, etc. are referred to as Website.
- The website is static in nature, does not change frequently.
- A website is a group of numerous pages.
- The information which is seen on any website is not updated frequently.
- A website is built to create an online presence of any business, organization or individual.
- It is an online portal.
- A website represents information only about your product or your service.
- The content on the website is very formal i.e. it is written in a very professional way.
- The customers cannot connect with you directly as in the case of a Blog. They can connect with you through email or phone, whichever option you have mentioned on your website.
- The website does not help to engage with people. It is one-way communication.
After reading the differences between Blog and Website, we can conclude that both of them have different functions and they serve different purposes. As per our requirement, we have to choose.
You would also like our other blogs:
BLOGGING: FOR BUSINESS PROMOTION